Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall is here

With chilly mornings becoming more common around here, it's apparent that fall is in the air! I do miss seeing leaves turn colors but I don't (yet) miss the snow my parents got yesterday - 14"! It is nice having cooler weather as it is more in keeping with the season. We had several years in AZ where a trip to the pumpkin patch was cut short due to extreme heat.


First up is painting pumpkins in the park. The kids seemed to enjoy it, MTN particularly, but both loved the snacks even more.




Next up is a photo from EMNs very first field trip! She got to ride in the school van, pick out her own pumpkin, run through a hay maze and dress like all her friends. She enjoyed her trip but did not care for me trying to preserve it with photographs. So I have this one and that's it.


And finally, her birthday hoodie that I finished up about two weeks ago. It lives in our van so she can throw it on when she's chilly. She chose the yarn herself so I knew she'd love the color. It should fit her for at least a few more years. She is genuinely pleased with it and it always feels good to be appreciated.
Tomorrow we'll be carving pumpkins and decorating for our neighborhood's Halloween festivities. We have a small party in one of the cul-de-sacs and we're all looking forward to getting to know our neighbors a bit better.

No comments: