Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I've been busy scrapbooking!

Really and truly! I completed a mini book from Shutterfly for my daughter all about her 6th birthday. And on International Scrapbook Day (May 7) I completed about 10 traditional layouts and a few digital layouts. And I've enrolled in even more classes through Big Picture Classes included Power Scrapping for Digi Scrappers by Katie Nelson and Finding Photo Freedom by Stacy Julian. I'm very excited about both and it's great to have this type of creative flow back in my life.

So as I'm busy getting pages done, it takes an equal amount of work organizing what I want to scrap. I have over 20,000 photos and counting so every little bit of organizing, tagging and preserving these photos help. I use Creative Memories software and I've really enjoyed how user friendly it is. I have both Memory Manager and Story Book Creator (SBC). I've had books printed using SBC but I still need to print individual layouts to get a feel for how those compare. The ones I've seen are just like a 12x12 photo.

As I'm going through all these photos and sorting them into folders in the Memory Manager software, it's hard not to be engrossed in all the memories. Trips, lots and lots of trips, and then my precious kiddos so much younger than they are now. I find myself unconsciously smiling a lot, especially as I watch videos from their early days. I'm so glad I have these little moments captured either on video or in photo to remind me of how blessed I am.

At one year old and seven months ...

and more recently as EMN read MTN a card at his 5th birthday (she's 6 now) ....

No comments: