Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy April and Happy Easter!

April is going too quickly! We've been enjoying soccer but I didn't want to overload the blog with tons more soccer pictures. It's slowly sinking in that I'm a soccer mom for real :) We're all relieved EMN is so happy with her new skills and her team. And if you miss seeing soccer pictures, I have plenty of great ones, but perhaps we'll wait until the end of May for a season wrap up. Surely we'll have other interesting things to post about. Such as ...



Last night Mike and I had a date night and we played tourist down at the Riverwalk. Doesn't he look happy! Mike had never seen the Alamo and while we couldn't tour it, we did read all the plaques and historical markers. A friend and I were talking today about seeing the sites in the place where you live. As military folks I think we get pretty good at doing that wherever we are stationed and I so far we have continued to do that here. And so this is the moment where I finally start appearing in the blog again!! Yay for pictures of me :) I'm very thankful for the kindness of strangers.

Today friends of ours hosted an Easter party and it was a fantastic event. The party started off with an egg hunt which MTN quickled followed up with a courtesy lawn mowing.





He was singularly focused and since it was a chilly day he was pleased that the kids cleared out of "his" space quickly. Once his work was done, he played outside almost the entire rest of the party. The Glenn's somehow finagled a visit from the Easter Bunny which was a huge hit! Look how happy Mike is :)

Almost like they're carpool buddies or something. Later on was the pinata and cascarones. The kids loved being with their friends, we loved seeing our friends and the Easter Bunny kept us all smiling. Thanks Glenns!




Tonight we go to the last Rampage home game and of course, tomorrow is Easter Sunday so Happy Easter to you all!

1 comment:

Vivian said...

Great pictures! Mike looks so happy!
:)
I would love a copy of the one with the Easter bunny and your family...(hint, hint, nudge, nudge...)
Easter blessings to you, my friend!
Love,
Alycia