Sunday, February 2, 2014

Maybe I do need more sleep

I've been all sorts of weepy the past few days. My husband thinks I need more sleep. I think it's because I've had lots of very touching, deep moments recently.

Thursday at Community Bible Study I was able to connect with a little boy. He's had a history of abuse in his short 3 years, but his new adoptive family has really loved on him and allowed him to blossom. Because of his past, trust and transition are two things he has big problems with. I was able to gain his trust on Thursday after he'd been in our classroom for a few weeks. It was a precious moment and deeply moving for me. Those times when we clearly see how a child has been transformed is why I keep going back and volunteering.

So Friday at my Good and Beautiful Life Bible Study, I shared the story as a joy and got all teary eyed. I really do feel privileged to be a part of his transformation. It shows me a bit more about being adopted into God's family and how broken and desperate we are for love and then how renewed and cared for we are by God. That love allows us to better than we ever could have been on our own. But I digress ...

After study ended, I drove to base to drop a few forgotten items off to Mike. I got there as he was getting ready to take off. Parked just outside the gate, I watched him taxi to EOR and then take off. I burst into unexpected tears. I can barely put into words why. But to see, hear, feel the takeoff and know that he's in that jet? Well, I'm extraordinarily proud of him and I profoundly love him.

Later that night, a month-long challenge began of making one scrapbook page a day. It felt so very good to be creative and to document my photos. I can't remember the last time I made one! So of course, I cried a little :) As I was catching up on email, a post by Emily Freeman summed up what I was feeling. We cry when something is deeply meaningful to us. And so while I do need lots more sleep (I'm scrapbooking into the wee hours!) I also know that these have been blessed days and I'm grateful for eyes to see that.

No comments: