Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waiting

I'm waiting for the dryer repair man. We've been without a totally functioning dryer for about 2, almost 3 weeks and line drying is looking better and better every day. Jim is supposed to be here any time before noon. I figure just about the time I finish mopping the floors he'll show up. This is the second repair company we've needed to hire. We could have just bought a new dryer for the amount we've paid to have this one fixed. I'll be happy when it's all said and done.

I've also declared today a TV-free day. EMN was sick last week but is back to her usual self with a residual cough but MTN has caught her viral bug. While she was down for the count she discovered the joy of being bundled on the couch watching TV and I indulged her in way too much kid TV. So today I'm wearing out my iPod on kid music while I clean, do chores and baby MTN through his bugginess but the TV stays off. My will power has been waning here and there but we've been doing puzzles, dancing and that helps gets us through. MTN was up a lot last night so he wants to be held a lot today and I'm happy to indulge him in that and so we're reading books instead of catching a show together. He's particularly fond of garbage truck books.

So that's the scoop from here. Cleaning, waiting on repair men, tending to sick kids, no tv. And maybe I'll hit the YMCA when Mike gets home from work tonight so I can get a workout in.

No comments: