Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year - New Skills

Another sewing class today and I'm thrilled with all the new skills that I have learned. Buttonholes, sewing on buttons, blind hems, a variety of ways to machine applique - it was all very exciting for me. I've been stitching up EMN's curtains in between butterfly painting and it's all coming together quite nicely.
 
I posted recently on Facebook that I had meal-planned for all of January and I got quite a response! Quite a few people seemed genuinely interested in how I do it so I'll post my method here for anyone interested. It's not new or novel but it works for me. I've been monthly meal planning for about four months now and I don't know if I could go back to the weekly planning again. I like getting it done all at once. It helps with grocery shopping, budgeting and being flexible. And it does give me a certain amount of control that is extraordinarily helpful when little else in our lives is predictable.
 

No comments: