Saturday, September 21, 2013

Overload

I'm suffering from "good idea" overload. The kids are back in school and all summer (as I did in previous summers) I dreamed of all the things I would do during all my free time. Almost comical, because laundry, dishes and tidying up fill up most of those school hours, even after dropping some volunteer commitments.

Never fails. I think "this year will be different". And it is. Usually because the kids are older, I've added a baby, and other various things.

This year has been a bit different. I feel like I've hit my stride a bit earlier. There's a weekly plan for dinner, homework is getting done on time, more lunches are from home than bought and I'm completing my Bible studies before they're due, not the day of. It feels pretty good. And it should - it's hard earned. Why am I not satisfied? I feel like I need more recharge, creative time for myself. So I'm working towards that. One way is to clear out the clutter in my email inbox (I've unsubscribed from many, many emails) and just leaving the good, soul-filling stuff.

It's been refreshing to read emails and blog posts that are uplifting and encouraging. But there is the overload - I'm fighting to maintain balance. I need to keep straight what my priorities are, what feeds those and advances those goals and what is "nice to have" but maybe later.

So, I plan on using this space to help me sort out my thoughts, keep focused on my priorities and recharge a bit. Fight the overload!

No comments: